Skip to main content

Is Buying New Car the Only Way ?


One of the previous articles showed a method to calculate how much one should pay for a car. In that example, the number is $1,300. That article then relates the $1,300 to a purchase of NEW car selling at $43,000 or below.

However buying new car shouldn't be your only way to have your very own transport.

Used Car
You may only get a SMALL NEW car with $40,000+ but you can get a pretty NICE USED car for only $20,000. That is an instant 50% saving !

Borrow
Do you have friends or relatives who have extra cars parking at their homes only being used once in a while ? There was once I drove my uncle's Mercedes for a month and I only paid $800 for it. Last weekend I visited 10 eligible neighbors telling them my car has broke down and I need to borrow their cars for a month. 3 of them are willing to do so for $500.

Car Pooling
Usually people don't car pool and there are many excuses for that. But at the moment I showed some cash, 15% of the drivers suddenly become more friendly. This is especially good for regular trips. As for the weekend get away, I looked for shopping and travel buddies who drive.




What other creative ways you can think of to use your transport money ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is really important in Personal Finance Planning ?

There is a great video I have seen in LCF  where he talks about Insurance Investment Retirement Tax Estate Planning Although I may not agree to all points but it is actually quite good and all points presented professionally. Some of my pondering points 5-6% investment cost is NOT LOW Actually whether an investment cost is low or not is always relative.  For example, if you are paying 20-30% to others to manage your portfolio then it is lower to find one that is 5-6%.  Likewise, paying 1-2% fee when you manage your own investment is common.   So it is really a matter of your money vs your time.  If you pay more fee, you would expect better services just like any other things in life. Thousands of saving on tax can be compounded to millions While its true you could save on tax but usually its not in a huge magnitude.  To save thousands in tax, you probably have a certain amount of much bigger income to start with.   Its more toward FREE money vs ignora...

Find out Your Life Purpose in 5 minutes !

Answer these 5 questions Who are you ? What do you love to do ? Who you do that for ? Is it their Need or Want ? How would they change from what you do ? Example:   I write personal finance articles so that anyone can be richer everyday I sell salt lamps so that Asthmatic people can sleep better at nights I drive all the business men in London so that they are always on time I write philosophical topics so online readers can have an inner peace stronger mind. Please write down yours in comments below ~

21st century trick ...

Once upon a time, there was a gasoline called 97. The cost of this item was $1.80. One day, the governing body wanted to increase the price to $2.10. However, the governing body knows that if they simply increase price, that will affect their popularity. Which in turn affect their eligibility to continue to be governing body in next election. Hence they come up with a perfect idea. They first introduce another brand called 95. Actually this is a much lower quality product than 97. In short, 97 simply means there is at least 97% of pure petrol in the gasoline. On the other hand, 95 only has 95% purity. However, they push out 95 as if it is a better quality product. They even add some 'addictive' into 95 to justify their claim its a better product. It was presented in a way that 95 will replace 97, and stay at the same price at $1.80 More than 90% of the consumer fall for it. Hence the transition of 97 to 95 went through smoothly. Majority of the consumers pay the ...